Community Easter Egg Hunt: April 20th, 10:30 am
Hope you’ve marked your calendars to join us for our annual Easter Egg Hunt at Greenfield where dozens of kids from toddlers to 5th graders will scamper in and out of the church in a madcap search for candy-filled eggs. Everyone, kids and adults alike, has the
opportunity to get their picture taken with the “Bunny” and partake of yummy refreshments. No one leaves without a raffle prize or a smile on their festively face-painted face. For this much fun, many volunteers are needed to help with:
- Providing refreshments
- Face painting
- Helping with registration
- Overseeing egg hunts
Baskets have been placed in both vestibules to collect much-needed candy donations; anything from jelly beans and chocolate eggs to bite-sized candy bars that will fit into small plastic eggs. Donations of anything from stuffed animals and kid-suitable videos to Legos and
hula hoops that we can raffle would also be appreciated. Come, join the fun, and help us make this our most successful Egg Hunt ever! Please contact Deb Basierbe if you can help.
Be part of a worship team!
There are many ways to volunteer in our community here at Greenfield Presbyterian Church:
- If you think you would like to be an usher or a greeter, please let us know. These are great ways to get to know people.
- If you would like to host a coffee hour or bring flowers in honor or in memory of a loved one, there are sign-up sheets in Fellowship Hall.
- If you have experience running a sound board, why not join our sound board team?
- If you enjoy working with children, please talk with Rev. Cindy Blakely about opportunities to help in the nursery or teach a Sunday School lesson.
- Our Prayer Shawl group knits and crochets projects to help people in need.
- If you can provide assistance with blood drives and work to educate our church community on various topics of good health, our health ministry may offer a way for you to volunteer.
If you would like to help out in any of these areas, please contact the church office for more information.
Lenten Adult Study: Entering the Passion of Jesus
Wednesdays at 10 am and 7:30 pm
February 27th through April 10, 2019
Our Lenten study for adults began on February 27 and will continue through April 10. Entering the Passion of Jesus is a six week introduction to Holy Week by Dr. Amy Jill Levine, Professor of New Testament and Jewish Studies at Vanderbilt University. Levine, whose
study of the parables of Jesus we read in the fall, delves into the history and the literature of Jesus’s last days from his triumphal entry into Jerusalem to his arrest in Gethsemane. Books are $15 and are available at the church office.
Greenfield Presbyterian cares deeply about families. We want children to know and love Jesus, and we believe that there are many ways to achieve this: arts and crafts; hearing Bible stories; singing songs and playing games. Moreover, we want children to feel like they belong, not only in our building, but as important members of a community that cares about them and the world in which they live, both near and far.
Advertisers Sought for Church Directory
Cathedral Directories is publishing the new member directory again this year. As you may know this directory is provided free of charge to our church members through the generous support of advertisers. If you would be interested in the advertising support information please contact Cathy Hunley at 248-545-1415 x110.
If you have changed your email, phone, and/or your address in the past year please let the office know ASAP.