Wednesdays 10:00 AM or 7:30 PM
September 12 – October 17
Jesus was a skilled storyteller and perceptive teacher who used parables from everyday life to effectively convey his message. In this study Amy Jill Levine takes us back in time to understand how the original Jewish audience heard these stories, and shows how they are not just about Jesus, but also about us.
Amy Jill Levine is Professor of New Testament and Jewish studies at Vanderbilt Divinity School. An internationally renowned scholar, she has done over 300 programs for churches, seminaries, and clergy groups.
Be part of a worship team!
There are many ways to volunteer in our community here at Greenfield Presbyterian Church:
- If you think you would like to be an usher or a greeter, please let us know. These are great ways to get to know people.
- If you would like to host a coffee hour or bring flowers in honor or in memory of a loved one, there are sign-up sheets in Fellowship Hall.
- If you have experience running a sound board, why not join our sound board team?
- If you enjoy working with children, please talk with Rev. Cindy Blakely about opportunities to help in the nursery or teach a Sunday School lesson.
- Our Prayer Shawl group knits and crochets projects to help people in need.
- If you can provide assistance with blood drives and work to educate our church community on various topics of good health, our health ministry may offer a way for you to volunteer.
If you would like to help out in any of these areas, please contact the church office for more information.
A Matter of Balance Class
September 18 – November 6
10:00 AM – Noon
Join us for an eight-session series to learn strategies to improve strength, coordination and balance with gentle exercise and lower your risk for falls.
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone concerned about falls or who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling
Please register at: https://healthcare.ascension.org/Events
For more information, call 1-866-501-3627
Whether you missed church, need to listen to a particular sermon again because it spoke to you so much, want to share a sermon with a far-away friend, or are considering coming to Greenfield but want a sample of what you’re likely to hear Sunday morning, our sermon library (click here) has you covered.
Greenfield Presbyterian cares deeply about families. We want children to know and love Jesus, and we believe that there are many ways to achieve this: arts and crafts; hearing Bible stories; singing songs and playing games. Moreover, we want children to feel like they belong, not only in our building, but as important members of a community that cares about them and the world in which they live, both near and far.
One Day Women’s Retreat – Almost Here
Saturday, October 13, 2018
The Annual Women’s One Day Retreat is Saturday, October 13, from 9:00 AM to 4:45 PM. Only a few weeks away!
This year’s theme is “Connecting God’s Story with Yours”. The earthly lives of biblical women ended centuries ago, but their stories continue to hold relevance with our own. Come learn from this ancient wisdom, engage with other women from your community, and lend your voice to the larger narrative of God.
We are very pleased to have the Rev. Jacqueline Spycher leading us. She currently serves as the assistant pastor for outreach at Northbrook Pres.
We will gather at the Kilgour Scottish Centre of the St. Andrew’s Society, 2363 Rochester Court in Troy, located at the intersection of Stephenson Hwy. and Rochester Road. Use the Red Roof Inn driveway.
Members, friends, and visitors are all welcome. Please consider joining us.
The retreat will be a balance of large group interaction, several mini presentations, small group conversations, a craft and lunch. It’s a wonderful opportunity to relax, connect with friends, and make new friends
Look for registration forms at the entrance and back of the church. The cost is $50 which includes food, activities, and conference expenses. Registration forms need to be in by October 7 as seating is limited. Scholarships are available. If you have any questions, please contact Paula Robinson (PRobins7<at>hfhs.org) or Bonnie Swetman (bswetman<at>wowway.com).