Getting connected, feeling at home, discovering a cause worth living for, finding help when you need it most, being equipped to live life biblically and experiencing the adventure of faith together…this is what the mission work of Greenfield is all about.
Members and Friends of Greenfield Presbyterian work together to make a difference in so many ways and they have lots of fun doing it! Some of the missions we are supporting or have supported:
- Partnering with The Welcome Inn Day Shelter, Crossroads Soup Kitchen, South Oakland Shelter, Rebuilding Together Oakland County, Berkley/Royal Oak CROP Walk and Rise Against Hunger in activities to serve the community.
- Hosting speakers from Matrix Off the Streets, Howell Nature Center, Michigan State Police, and more.
- Providing funding and spiritual support for five missionaries in South Sudan.
- Facilitating the “Clean Sweep” program which helps elderly and disabled members with home care services.
- Coordinating the Food Pounding and Giving Tree programs to provide food, clothing and gifts to needy families at the holidays.
- Hosting the Christmas Mission Fair to support agencies such as Motown Soups, Fair Trade Coffee products, SERRV, Cass Community Social Services, and more.
- Christmas Eve tradition of giving the offering collected that day to a special charity each year.
Mission funds support Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. Mission, Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, as well as local projects, such as Leaps and Bounds, Berkley-Huntington Woods Youth Assistance, Gleaners Food Bank, Forgotten Harvest, Mercy Education Project, NOAH Project, FernCare, Rebuilding Oakland Together, and the Tri-Community Coalition.
Crossroads Soup Kitchen January 12, 2020
The challenge was in the morning is to make about 70 gallons of chili and 1400 sandwiches. In the afternoon, we served 650-700 meals. Thanks to everyone who came out to help on a wintery day.
Rise Against Hunger! (past event)
Greenfield Presbyterian, Cana Lutheran and Drayton Avenue Churches joined forces to package meals for 10,000 people. Yes, you read that right, 10,000….they were a little busy that day.
Thanks to all that participated!
GREENFIELD PRESBYTERIAN REBUILD PROJECT DAY
SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2019
Have you ever thought what it would be like to not be able to care for your
home? Or if your home had some safety, health or accessibility issues? Or if
your home were simply unattractive or unsightly?
Greenfield will once again be helping with the Rebuilding Together
Southeast Michigan project. As you know, RTSEM is committed to help
those that are having some challenges with maintenance and upkeep for
The objective is to enable people to have a safe and healthy home and to
help upgrade the neighborhoods. This is a great opportunity to help our
neighbors with some fixing-up, sprucing-up and improving the accessibility
& safety in their home.
Last year we had over 35 Team Greenfield volunteers do a BANG-UP JOB
with the house in Southfield. WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!!!
Greenfield’s Rebuild Day is on Saturday, June 1.
Come and join us – even if it’s for a few hours – “many hands make light work”
Look for signup information email in May or signup in Fellowship Hall in May
For more information look at: https://www.rebuildingtogethersem.org/
Remember, everyone is welcome to participate – children (over 12) and spouses!
Questions – please send Ray Swetman a note with any
GPC Mission Committee