As we continue our walk through this unusual fall of pandemic and pastoral transition, I want to thank the many folk who are working so diligently behind the scenes- on two fronts really. First, those who continue to keep us connected those who have planned creative JOY Group meetings, book clubs, and men’s studies, those who have attended zoom coffee hours, those who have researched and now implemented live streaming worship services. A special thanks also for all the hands on mission opportunities Rebuilding Together, food drives, blood drives, college care package collections, the soon to be Shoe Drive and Clean Sweep.
I continue to be amazed at the many creative ways Greenfielders find to “Be Church.”
On the other hand thanks to all who have been preparing so faithfully for the future –
– The Pastoral Nominating Committee diligently at work each week;
– The Pastoral Transition Team, who have assembled an incredible Operations Manual, and are revamping the GPC website, and who have interviewed staff and all of our sister church partners.
– In October we also have the chance to participate in a home grown small group experience, “Companions on the Journey,” which will give us a chance to think together about the many faces of change in our own lives and in our church.
– We also have the chance to participate in the six week “Walk to Bethlehem” program, which will help us stay healthy, physically and spiritually, and simultaneously connect us to each other through the common goal of completing the journey from Berkley to Bethlehem.
– The other significant piece of our fall emphasis on “The Walk” will be a four week worship series beginning October 25 in which we will think together about four spiritual disciplines that are essential to our Walk with Jesus: Worship, Study (Growth), Service, and Giving.
Our walk theme culminates on Sunday, November 15 (Commitment Sunday), at which time we will make our financial commitments for the year ahead, which will propel us out of pandemic and into a new era in our life together.
For all that has been, Thanks:, for all that will be, YES!!!
In God’s peace,